Thursday, February 23, 2017

Interactive Resources

I am always looking for new ideas for classroom counseling lessons, groups, and individual counseling sessions. I get into the rut of doing the same lessons and using the same resources all the time so I was searching for fresh lessons/ideas. I came across an interactive SMART Board series called "SMART GUIDANCE." Even though I loathe the term "guidance," the series is great. The series is by Youthlight which also has a TON of other amazing counseling resources (I have purchased from this site a lot throughout the years).

I have had the "SMART GUIDANCE" Volume 1 in my collection for a couple of years and absolutely love it. My students are engaged because the lessons are cute and interactive. I have this one on CD but they now offer a downloadable versions which is how I ordered the others. Each program in the series is $49.95 which isn't bad for 10 or more lessons in each series. Youthlight also has each lesson available for individual download for those who only want a lesson or two in a series.


I downloaded the following programs which makes it super easy to use them right away. They send you an email with an access code to activate the download. One of my access codes was missing from the email but Youthlight rectified that situation after a quick email.  

            


I have yet to download the programs below but will be doing so in the future. 

       

So, for those of you who are new to the biz or you vets out there looking to beef up your resource library, I highly recommend these interactive lessons. Let me know what you think!


3 comments:

  1. I have been toying with the idea of buying these for a while! Do you need to do them on a Smartboard, or is a computer ok? Is there any way for you to share some screenshots? I love your blog! My email is ivyelynn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think just a computer is ok as long as the kiddos can see it. It won't let me screenshot...maybe a copyright thing?

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have successfully provided new ideas for counseling guidance so they are not boring, thank you for sharing this article Counselling.nl

    ReplyDelete